Langley riders swept the podium at the B.C. equestrian vaulting championships, held during the last week of September at Thunderbird Show Park.
All the vaulters are part of the Triple M Vaulting Club and competed on the club’s horses, Buddy, Jake and Simon.
Equestrian vaulting is acrobatics and dance on a moving horse.
Competitors are required to do a compulsory round followed by a freestyle routine set to music.
Langley medallists included:
• Kristi Schroeder won gold in Womens Canter C;
• Hailey Besse won gold in Trot D;
• Danae Shuttlewood won gold in Walk C;
• Devon Wrayton won silver in Walk D under 10;
• Julia Thul won bronze in Sr. Women’s Canter D; and
• Emily Besse placed 4th in Walk C.
Langley vaulters including Danea Shuttlewood, Devon Wrayton, Danielle Maher and Tauren Deluca, together with their Surrey teammates Cassidy Smith and Abigail Old, won gold with their Beginner Walk Team.