Aldergrove athletes Frances Steinfeld and Harnek Toor are still winning medals in their golden years.
The two senior athletes from Aldergrove excelled at the recent age 55+ B.C. Seniors Track and Field Meet.
The meet was held at Vernon from September 12-16.
Frances Steinfeld and Harnek Toor represented the Aldergrove community in this meet in their respective age categories. Their performance was commendable in all events and may prove to be a guiding factor for others to emulate their example.
Their results were as follows:
Frances Steinfeld (Women 75-79 Years Age Category)
– Hammer Throw – 18.26 M. – Silver Medal.
– Discus Throw – 12.18 M. – Bronze Medal.
Harnek Toor (Men 70-74 Years Age Category)
– Hammer Throw – 36.07 M. – Gold Medal.
– Discus Throw – 30.17 M. – Gold Medal.
– Weight Throw – 14.16 M. – Gold Medal.
– Throws Pentathlon – 3340 Points – Gold Medal.
– Shot Put – 10.87 M. – Gold Medal.
– Long Jump – 3.78 M. – Gold Medal.
– Triple Jump – 7.92 M. – Gold Medal.
– 4X400 M. Walk Relay – Gold Medal.
– Javelin Throw – 31.57 M. – Silver Medal.
– 4×100 M. Relay – Silver Medal.
Harnek Toor joined the Ultra Throw club in Surrey in 2016 “to keep myself physically fit and mentally robust by following a healthy and active lifestyle among like-minded people,” said Toor.
“I get personalized coaching and attention while training and get to participate in important meets and championships in North America.”
Toor says his most memorable moment has been “competing in and shattering the B.C. Indoor Masters record in weight throw at Kamloops in August 2016, and competing with best American Masters athletes.”