One man was seriously injured after a fire in Willoughby Thursday afternoon.
Fire crews were dispatched at 12:05 p.m. to the 7600 block of 204th Street, a dead end street of older homes.
The first Langley Township firefighters on the scene reported seeing smoke from three sides of the home.
Numerous firefighters and RCMP officers were on scene as a man was loaded onto a stretcher and into a waiting ambulance.
An Air Ambulance circled the area and landed nearby to take the man to hospital.
Sgt. Alexandra Mulvihill of the Langley RCMP said the man suffered serious injuries, but she did not have an update on his condition as of late Thursday afternoon.
Another man who was in the home at the time was not injured, and was being interviewed by police.
A marijuana grow operation was found in the home, but RCMP were still trying to determine whether it was medically licensed or not.
The fire appears to have actually started outside of the house, under a deck, according to assistant fire chief Pat Walker.
There were a number of butane cans in the area, and the burn victim was using them as part of what Walker described as a kind of clandestine drug lab.
“The butane ignited, burning the occupant,” Walker said.
The house suffered relatively little damage from the fire.