There will be nine names on the ballot at the end of February when Langley City voters choose a new councillor in a byelection.
Nominations closed Friday for those running to replace the late Councillor Dave Hall, who stepped down late last year.
Those running are:
• Shelley Coburn, who currently sits as a school board trustee after being elected in 2014
• Carol Gran, a former local alderman and MLA
• Kiernan Hillan, a local volunteer and former roads manager for Richmond
• Mel Kositsky, a former longtime Langley Township councillor
• Rae Anne Maj, a City board of variance committee member
• Sharon Newbery, a business owner and local volunteer
• Serena Oh, who ran for mayor of Langley Township in 2014
• Nathan Pachal, a longtime advocate for transit and urban planning
• George Roman, an investment advisory and member of multiple Langley City committees.
The byelection will be held on Feb. 27, with advance voting on Feb. 16-18 and Feb. 24, as well as special voting on Feb. 25 at the Lion’s Evergreen Hall and the Langley Seniors Resource Centre.