’Tis the season of giving, and in keeping with the concept of showing kindness to other this holiday season, we invited a handful of local people to suggest five unexpected gifts they’d give this Christmas.
These couldn’t be gifts with any significant monetary value, nor anything to do with politics.
Instead, we asked them to share generous deeds/gifts they might give to a complete stranger in these last few days leading up to Christmas.
We received some meaningful, creative, and thoughtfully unexpected gifts you too might wish to share this holiday season.
We will be publishing one of these lists each day, counting down to Christmas Day.
Hayley Slipiecvisitor services supervisor forFort Langley National Historic Site
1. Shovel a neighbours driveway.
2. Buy coffee for the next person in line behind me.
3. Compliment a stranger.
4. Help someone bag their groceries.
5. Make homemade cookies for co-workers.
• Stay tuned for more each day leading up to Christmas.