The body of Langley’s Nicholas Hannon has been recovered and three men charged in his murder, police said Tuesday.
Connor Campbell, 21, Brad Flaherty, 20, Keith Tankard, 20, have all been charged with first degree murder.
Hannon was last seen on Feb. 24, 2014, and was 19 when he disappeared.
His body has now been discovered near Mission, and an autopsy will be held, according to IHIT.
The suspicious circumstances around Hannon’s disappearance led police to believe foul play was involved from early on in the case.
Hannon had been living at home with his parents prior to his disappearance, and going to school. His family said there was no indication of trouble in his life.
After he was last seen on Feb. 26, 2014, his car didn’t return home. It was found on Feb. 27, at the end of a dead-end road south of Derby Reach Regional Park.
Hannon’s father Craig said he had never given up hope that his son would walk in the door sometime and the family felt betrayed, having welcomed the three men into their home countless times over the years.
“We are devastated and we feel betrayed,” he said, choking back tears. “Never again will I be able to hug him and say I love you buddy.”
In April last year, the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team took over the case and announced they were switching from a missing persons to a probable murder case.
Hannon’s family offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to Hannon’s safe return.
The motive for the murder has not been released.
– with files from the Vancouver Sun