Township of Langley fire crews responded to a homeless camp fire in Langley on Tuesday night.
“The call came to us a 11:04 and it was a homeless camp that was on fire,” said deputy fire chief Bruce Ferguson. “I would imagine they had a fire of some sort going.”
The camp was located in an otherwise empty field at Glover Road and Mufford Crescent.
“There was nobody on site when we arrived,” Ferguson said.
“Just a bunch of homeless belongings and some propane tanks. It looks like someone had tried to extinguish the fire – there was an empty 10-pound fire extinguisher there.”
• Stay tuned for more from the Langley Advance