A greenhouse was destroyed by fire in rural Langley on Tuesday evening.
The fire in the 3600 block of 224th Street broke out at around 5:30 p.m., said Langley Township Fire Department assistant chief Bruce Ferguson.
The aluminum-framed and plastic-sided greenhouse wasnâ€™t being used for growing plants at the time the fire broke out, but it was being used to store a number of tractors, forklifts, and fertilizer, Ferguson said.
The fire did about $40,000 in structural damage and perhaps $200,000 in damage to the stored equipment that was destroyed.
Three fire halls were called in to fight the blaze, including tankers transporting water from the nearest hydrants.
A propane tank inside the greenhouse exploded during the fire, but no one was hurt, Ferguson said.
The cause of the fire isnâ€™t yet known.