One of Langleyâ€™s oldest business sites marks a century with a special celebration this weekend.
The Fort Langley train station was built in 1915 by the Canadian Northern Railway two blocks west of its current location on Mavis Avenue at Glover Road.
In 1918 the Canadian Northern Railways became part of Canadian National Railways.
For many decades the train station was the hub of activiy for an area, carrying people and freight into and out of the community.
The building was open until the 1980s when the station was closed for commercial train use.
The Langley Heritage Society stepped up to move and restore the building.
In 1984, soon after the restoration, the building was named a heritage site.
The gardens around the station are in memory of the station master and his wife who used to tend the gardens.
The heritage society maintains the site which includes a train car.
The station remain a hub of the community but this time the arts community.
The building houses an art gallery and the Fort Langley Artists Group.
The anniversary celebrations are noon to 4 p.m. on June 20 and June 21.
There will be an exhibit of railway photos by the Langley Camera Club, put up in the baggage car that sits on the site.