A Langley auto shop caught fire when gasoline spilled from a car on a hoist Tuesday morning.
Firefighters were called out at just after 11 a.m. to Willâ€™s Auto Service in the 6800 block of 216th Street.
The owner of the shop was apparently working on a car on a hoist when the gas spilled and hit a hot electrical light below, said assistant Township fire chief Bruce Ferguson.
The fire quickly engulfed the car and then spread up into one wall of the garage.
Firefighters from three halls arrived to douse the flames, said Ferguson. Firefighters headed up onto the roof to finish soaking remaining hot spots, after quickly getting the blaze under control.
The car on the hoist was burned, and more than $25,000 damage was done to the building, Ferugson estimated.
The owner was walking around and talking to firefighters after the incident, but he was later taken to Langley Memorial Hospital for treatment of minor injuries, said Ferguson.
The fire caused a temporary shutdown of 216th Street south of Glover Road while crews doused the fire.