Langley Township firefighters doused a Sunday night fire at an older home in the Willoughby neighbourhood.
The fire broke out on a rear deck of a home in the 7400 block of 200th Street, on the west side of the road, said Township assistant fire chief Pat Walker.
When the firefighters arrived, the back deck and its fibreglass roof panels were fully aflame, and the rear windows of the house cracked from the fireâ€™s heat.
Although the structure was mostly saved, the owner had no insurance, Walker said.
An overtaxed electrical circuit is thought to have caused the residential fire, said Walker.