A Clayton Heights Secondary student saw what she believed was a man masturbating after school on Wednesday (Feb. 28), according to Surrey RCMP.
A letter was sent out to parents at the school by principal Bal Ranu, saying the Grade 12 girl encountered the man “committing an indecent act “at 188 Street and 70 Avenue around 3:45 p.m.
Although the letter stated the student was “confronted” by the man, Surrey RCMP have said there was no interaction between the two individuals.
“Once the suspect realized she walked into the area he quickly left,” Cpl. Scotty Schumann said. “There was no interaction between the two and no safety risk.”
There is no facial description available, and no other witnesses or video.
Students at Clayton Heights Secondary are being reminded to stay safe when walking to and from school with the following tips:
- Don’t take short cuts. Use main routes and avoid lanes, forested or secluded areas.
- Walk with friends.
- Tell someone where you are going and when you will be back.
- Phone home when leaving a friend’s house and say when you will be home.
- Trust your instincts and your feelings.
- Phone if you are going to be delayed, or if your plans change.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502