The family of murdered Langley teenager Nicholas Hannon watched his accused killers appear in Surrey court Monday morning.
Connor Campbell, Brad Flaherty, and Keith Tankard all appeared briefly in person or via video. The three co-accused, all charged with first degree murder, will be back in court on Nov. 4.
Outside the courthouse, Hannon’s father Craig said it was hard seeing the three young men, all of whom were friends of his son growing up.
“It’s very frustrating to see them,” Craig said. “It makes me angry.
He had coached the suspects in hockey and had known them for years.
It may be some time before the case comes to trial, but Hannon said his family has no concerns with the process.
“It’s a long process, but we’re looking toward the end goal,” he said.
On Friday, the family held a funeral for Nicholas. Craig said they both shed tears said goodbye with friends.
Nicholas Hannon went missing in late February, 2014. He was 19 when he disappeared.
The suspicious circumstances around his disappearance led police to turn the search over to the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT).
The Hannons offered a $10,000 reward for Nicholas’s safe return.
The police announced the arrests of all three young men over the Labour Day long weekend, and the discovery of Hannon’s remains in a heavily wooded area near Mission.
The Vancouver Sun reported last week that the parents of Campbell, one of the accused, are current and former Mounties.
– with files from the Vancouver Sun