1. Highway 1 remains closed between Hope and Chilliwack after mudslides
It could be as late as Saturday afternoon before the eastbound lanes on Highway 1 between Chilliwack and Hope are open. See more >
UPDATE – #BCHwy1 CLOSED westbound at #HopeBC and CLOSED eastbound at #BCHwy9.
WB DETOUR: #BCHwy7 from #HopeBC to #BCHwy11.
EB DETOUR: #BCHwy11 to #BCHwy7.
Next update at 10:00 AM. Expect major delays. #VancouverBC #ChilliwackBChttps://t.co/VaoSONQdT2https://t.co/1TBdZpD3ZH
— Drive BC (@DriveBC) November 24, 2017
2. Surrey union decries ‘epidemic’ level shortage of education assistants in B.C.
After Surrey’s school district recently revealed a huge shortage of on-call teachers, the union representing education assistants say the situation is far worse for them. See more >
3. Liberal and NDP MLAs stand together in support of SOGI education
Materials that teach about sexual orientation and gender identity and have caused massive controversy get bi-partisan support. See more >
4. ‘Ladies Night’ promoter says City of White Rock takes issue with waterfront event
City staff say province revoked permit, but organizer says that was at city request. See more >
5. God of thunder sends letter to Delta Police
Police chief shares child’s letter that includes drawings of all the DPD’s vehicles. See more >