This is a fantastic and creative way to serve those leftovers from turkey dinner.
We came up with this at the firehall one Christmas, and it was an instant hit.
from Andy Hewitson,International Association of Fire Fighters Local 4550 Township of Langley president
Turkey Leftover Shepherd’s Pie
• 2 large white sweet potatoes
• 3 tbsp butter
• ½ cup sour cream
• ¼ cup grated cheese
• 1 package turkey gravy mix
• 1 can peaches and cream corn niblets
• Leftover turkey, vegetables, stuffing and what have you from dinner
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Heat oven to 350 F.
• Peel, cube, and boil white sweet potatoes, once soft mash with butter, sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Cut leftover turkey, vegetables, stuffing into small pieces and place in casserole dish.
• Mix turkey gravy mix with water as per instructions on package.
• Add corn and gravy mix to the leftovers in the casserole dish and mix thoroughly.
• Spread mashed white sweet potatoes evenly over the mixture, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.