* Hospice memorial trees: The public can put ornaments in honour of loved ones on Langley Hospice Society memorial trees. Willowbrook Shopping Centre Dec. 2 to 17, and Otter Co-op Nov. 29 to Dec. 20. Info: 604-530-1115.
* Volunteers needed: two hour shifts, daily to Dec. 24, various locations. Help with the Salvation Army Christmas Kettle Campaign as bell ringer. Local kettles raise funds for the Gateway of Hope. Info: email@example.com or gatewayofhope.ca.
* Pet photos with Santa: 5:15 to 6 p.m., Dec. 1 and 11, Willowbrook Shopping Centre. Book at www.shopwillowbrook.com. Restrictions apply (see online for rules).
* Christmas in Williams Park: 5:30 to 9 p.m., Dec. 5 to 17, 6595 238th St,. The park is decorated for the holidays and the public can drive through daily. Free. Volunteers needed for set up (Nov. 26 and 27) and take down (Dec. 18) as well as greeters while the display is open. Info: facebook.com/Christmas-in-Williams-Park-Society.
* Speed for Need: 6 to 8 p.m., Dec. 1, Fast Track Karting, 5760 Production Way. A donation of non-perishable food or cash gets a free race. First come, first serve basis. Restrictictions apply. Benefits the Langley Christmas Bureau and Sources Langley Food Bank. Info: fasttrackkarting.ca.
* Brookswood Village Night of Lights: 5:30 to 7 p.m., Dec. 2, Brookswood (40th Avenue and 200th Street). The Brookswood Village Merchants Association invites everyone to enjoy family activities. Ukulele ensembles performs 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tree lighting at 6:30 p.m. Kids photos with Santa Paw (bring own camera and a donation to the Langley Food Bank). Kids can do pet crafts. Info: brookswoodvillage.com.
* A Christmas Carol radio play: 7:30 p.m., Dec. 2 and 3, and 3 p.m. Dec. 3 and 4, Clova Cinema, 5732 176th St. A 1940s style radio play featuring live music and sound effects. Tickets: $18 to $20. Limited seating. Advance tickets recommended. Info: imaginethatplace.com/tickets-upcoming-shows-2.
* Pajama Drive: Donate new, unopened PJs at the annual collection drive 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 3 and 4 at the WalMart in Willoughby. Sizes from birth to 18 accepted. Do not gift wrap. PJs distributed through the Langley Christmas Bureau.
* Mrs. Santa: 11 a.m., Dec. 3, 10 and 17,#109 – 20631 Fraser Hwy. The Fibromyalgia Well Spring Foundation plays host to Santa’s wife for stories, gifts and more. The foundation thrift shop has holiday items and the 2017 Walk to Banff calendars for $20.
* Photos with Santa: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dec. 3 and 10, Barnes Harley Davidson, 8859 201st St. Get photos taken with Santa and on a motorcycle for a donation to the food bank.
* It’s a Wonderful Life: 7 p.m., Dec. 3, Home Church Langley, 20050 53rd Ave. The church is showing the classic movie as a fundraiser with Compassion Canada to help eight-year-old George in Burkina Faso. $5.
* Coghlan Craft Fair: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dec. 3, Coghlan Fundamental School, 4452 256th St. Vendors, baking, silent auction, and activities for kids. Rentals available. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Breakfast with Santa: 9 to 11 a.m., Dec. 3, Douglas Recreation Centre, 20550 Douglas Cres. Info: Crafts, painting, breakfast and visits with Santa. $10 per person. Free for children three and younger. Must register in advance. Info: 604-514-2865.
* A Homemade Christmas: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Dec. 3, St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, 20955 Old Yale Rd. Buy Local Langley and Fraser Valley Artisans present the fair and fundraiser with vetted vendors and draws. Bring a donation to the Langley Christmas Bureau and receive an entry into a gift basket draw.
* Pioneer Christmas: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Dec. 3, Langley Centennial Museum. Sign up in advance (spots fill quickly) for cookie decorating, pioneer and traditional crafts, a colouring contest, ’Twas the Night Before Christmas reading, pioneer toys, Santa visits, a gift, and mailing Santa letters from the historic post office. $10 for family of four. Info: 604-532-3536 or email@example.com.
* St. George’s Bazaar: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dec. 3, 9160 Church St. Find jewellry, jams, jellies, baking, crafts, wreaths and a children’s gifshopping experience.
* Magic of Christmas Parade: 6 to 9 p.m., Dec. 3, Fraser Highway one-way section in Langley City.
* Craft and Recycle Sale: 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Dec. 3, Brookswood Seniors’ Centre, 19899 36th Ave. Members are selling home made crafts and recycled goods and collectibles. $2. Info: brookswood.ca.
* Holly luncheon and bazaar: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dec. 3, United Churches of Langley, 21562 Old Yale Rd. Stop by the former Sharon United Church for lunch, home baking, cookies, crafts, used books and jewelry.
* Christmas Classics and more: 3 p.m., Dec. 3, Fort Langley Lions Hall, 23022 88th Ave. The Langley Concert Band invites everyone to an afternoon of music. Admission by donation. All ages.
* Making Spirits Bright: 7 p.m., Dec. 4, United Churches of Langley, 21562 Old Yale Rd. The Vancouver Men’s Choir Christmas concert is admission by donation. Proceeds help the Nicomekl Breakfast Program, the Starfish Backpack Program, and the United Churches of Langley Christmas hampers. Info: vancouvermenschorus.ca.
* Big Rigs for Kids: 4:30 p.m., Dec. 4, Cloverdale. Decorated trucks take part in the Cloverdale Christmas Parade before travelling to Surrey City hall.
* Christmas with the King: 7 p.m., Dec. 8, Cascades Summit Theatre. Elvis Elite’s Steve Elliot performs. Tickets: $25 at casino guest services. Info: 604-530-2211.
* Murrayville Holiday Market: 4 to 9 p.m., Dec. 9 and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Dec. 10, Murrayville Hall, 21667 48th Ave. Free admission and 40 vendors.
* Aldergrove Elks Celebration: 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Dec. 10, Aldergrove legion. The Elks host their annual family celebration with activities, Santa, Queen Elsa, face painting, hot dog, juice, and more. Free.
* Santa breakfast: 9 a.m., Dec. 10, Aldergrove Kinsmen Community Centre. Free but must reserve in advance at 604-533-6144. Co-sponsored by Encompass Support Services Society, Rich Coleman, MLA Fort Langley/Aldergrove, and Darryl Plecas, MLA Abbotsford South.
* Holiday family fun: 10 a.m. to noon, Dec. 10, West Langley Hall. For kids ages one to six (must be accompanied by someone 16 or older). Cookie decorating, crafts, games and more. $2 per child. Info: 604-882-0408.
* Aldergrove Light Up Parade: 6 p.m., Dec. 10, Fraser Highway in downtown Aldergrove. Aldergrove Business Association hosting after party with Santa, Queen Elsa, a tree lighting, carols, entertainment, refreshments, a Canada Post box to drop off letters to Santa, and more. Hot chocolate stations along the route. Info: AldergroveFair.ca.
* Christmas on King Street: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Dec. 10, King Street, Fort Langley. Join the Langley Arts Council, the Langley Centennial Museum, and the BC Farm Museum for vendors, artisan, artists, family and children’s activities (both traditional and modern), carolers, a Christmas tree lot, photos in a carriage or sleigh, and more. Info: langleyarts.ca.
* Vivace: 7 p.m., Dec. 11, Church in the Valley, 23589 Old Yale Rd. The group performs along with Trevor Hoffman and Langley’s Tiffany Desrosiers. $20 Tickets: vivacemusicgroup.com or at the door.
* Pancakes with Santa: 9 to 11 a.m., Dec. 11, Krause Berry Farm, 6179 248th St. Breast cancer fundraiser features breakfast, live music, facepainting, LEGO, elves, Santa and more. No advance tickets. Info: www.krauseberryfarms.com.
* Food and Friends luncheon: 1 p.m., Dec. 13, Aldergrove Adventist Church, 23589 Old Yale Rd. The Langley Meals on Wheels seniors lunch program has a Christmas gathering. RSVP by Dec. 6 to 604-514-2940. Entertainment, 50/50, raffles and door prizes. $10.
* Christmas in the Village: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Dec. 16, 17 and 18, Fort Langley. Festive market with A Christmas Carol theme. Info: facebook.com/events/901911929938515.
* Mark and Colleen Donnelly: 6 to 11 p.m., Dec. 16, Murrayville Hall, 21667 48th Ave. Music, Santa, appies and dessert, a silent auction, and more. Benefitting the Langley Memorial Hospital Foundation. Tickets: $45 per person at eventbrite (27960004125). Info: 604-220-6590 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Belle Voci: 7:30 p.m., Dec. 17, Saints Joachim and Ann Catholic Church, 2827 273rd St. A by donation concert featuring the a capella singers, Belle Voci.
* Christmas Skate-Tacular: 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., Dec. 17, George Preston Recreation Centre. The Langley Skating Club’s annual show includes guests Nikolas Wamsteeker and Haley Sales (members of Canada’s Senior Ice Dance Team). Two shows. Tickets: $10 for adults and $5 for those 12 and younger. Info: skatelangley.com.
* The Gift of Christmas: 2:30 to 4 p.m, Dec. 17, George Preston Recreation Centre, 20699 42nd Ave. Langley Aldergrove MP Mark Warawa invites the community to an afternoon of fun. The Langley Ukulele Ensemble and Paul Luongo perform. Cupcakes, hot chocolate and a colouring contest. Kids 12 and younger can colour the picture in the Langley Advance (page A24) on Nov. 24 or download at markwarawa.com. NOTE: Submit entries at the MP constituency office (#104 4769 222nd St.) by Dec. 9. Winners announced at event.
* Themes of Christmas: 7:30 p.m., Dec. 18, 20719 48th Ave. (Langley Evangelical Free Church). The Langley Ukulele Ensemble’s annual holiday performance will include a new ensemble. Assigned seating. Tickets: $22.50 adult or $17.50 seniors and under 12.
* Celebrating Christmas: 3 to 6 p.m, Dec. 18, Murrayville Hall, 21667 48th Ave. Enjoy a free community celebration with carols, and apple cider or hot chocolate.