Several groups or businesses around Langley have Christmas tree chipping in support of various groups and causes.
The live trees must have no decorations, tinsel, or flocking in order to be chipped.
Dec. 30, Jan. 6
• 1st Willoughby Scout Group: Dec. 30 and Jan. 6, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Willoughby Elementary, 20766 80th Ave.
Chipping by donation. Drop-off trees and refundable bottles and cans. Pickup services available for set minimum donation that varies by area. Booking and info: Susie, 604-619-6504 before Dec. 30.
• D.W. Poppy Secondary grad committee: Jan. 6, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., school parking lot, 23752 52nd Ave.
Tree chipping by donation a bottle drive and a concession to support the 2018 Dry Grad.
• 1st Langley Meadows Scout Group: Jan. 6, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at Langley Meadows Elementary, 2244 Willoughby Way.
Drop-off trees. Chipping by donation. Donations of refundable bottles and cans also accepted.
• 2nd Langley Mavericks: Jan. 6, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Buckley Park, 19680 48th Ave.
By donation and refundable bottles and cans gratefully accepted. Info: Jeff, email@example.com or 604-790-8157.
Jan. 6 and 7
• Field’s Tree Service: Jan. 6 and 7: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Derek Doubleday Arboretum, 21559 Fraser Hwy.
All proceeds to BC Cancer Foundation. Drop-off tree chipping by donation.
Jan. 6 and 7
• Ride 2 Survive and Brian Thornburn: Jan. 6 and 7, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at Willowbrook Shopping Centre parking lot.
Trees chipped by donation to Thornburn, a rider, and Ride 2 Survive, a 400-kilometre bike ride in June to support the Canadian Cancer Society.
Jan. 6 and 7
• Chipping Away at a Cure: Jan. 6 and 7. Trees picked up and chipped for a donation to the BC Cancer Foundation. A new fundraiser hosted by realtor Casey Duncan. Book by Jan. 4 to arrange pick up on Jan. 6 and 7. Bookings and info: Casey Duncan, 778-847-7653 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Info: donate.bccancerfoundation.com/goto/chippingawayatacure.
Jan. 6 and 13
• 1st Walnut Grove Scout Group: Jan. 6, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30p.m. and Jan. 13, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at Walnut Grove Secondary School, 8919 Walnut Grove Dr.
Drop-off tree chipping by donation. Donations of refundable bottles and cans also accepted on Jan. 6. Curbside pickup services available for set minimum donation, depending on the neighbourhood. Walnut Grove: $10 minimum donation. Willoughby and Fort Langley for a minimum $14 donation, and select other areas start ing at $20. Booking or info: Brent,email@example.com or 604-720-4805.
• Both the City and Township will pick up trees with curbside greenwaste pickup, and the trees will be composted.
Trees should be cut into sections no longer than three feet, bundled, and set out next to the greenwaste container on regular collection day. Remove all decorations, tinsel, and flocking.