2. Resides in:
Langley (was born in Langley 66 years ago)
3. What is your current ride?
1955 Lincoln Capri 2 door hardtop
4. First car?
1956 Chev, 6 cylinder. Was a $95.00 special
5. Worst car ever. What made it the worst car?
No such thing!
6. Tell us about your longest project, start to finish.
Have never built or restored a car.
7. What makes you reach for the swear jar?
Drivers using their cell phone.
8. What’s your perfect drive?
I love driving the Sea to Sky Highway from Squamish to Pemberton. It would be a perfect drive if I could do it in a Corvette.
9. If money was no object, what car would be in your garage tomorrow?
A 2015 Corvette with 620 HP or a 1958 Chrysler 300.
10. Need for speed or quiet country roads? Why?
Love the quiet country roads for the peace and quiet and scenery.
11. Are you a regular at Langley Good Times Cruise-In, and why or why not?
I have never missed a Langley Cruise-In show. I enjoy seeing all of the different cars and trucks that arrive from various parts of the country and the US. There is always such a great turn out for this event. It is good for Langley and like that the proceeds go to charity. The entertainment is pretty good too.
12. What does your spouse think of your hobby?
She thinks it’s great. She enjoys that I can go out and talk with people who are interested in cars. She also likes the idea of me getting out of the house without her although she does come with me sometimes and usually enjoys herself.
13. Maximum number of cars you’ve owned at one time.
I have only ever owned one collector car at a time. My last car was a 1950 Ford.
14. Most memorable road trip.
Travelling over the Top of the World Highway in Alaska in my motor home and towing a pick-up. It is a pretty scary bit of road!
15. Oddest question you’ve been asked at car shows?
Have you owned it since new? (Do I really look that old?) I also get asked a lot about the “tubes” in the back of the car which are for the air conditioning.
16. Which is better – driving a car or working in the garage?
Driving the car for sure. Just cruising through town is a lot of fun. My two year old grandson wants to come with me now and he looks so little in the big front seat with his little elbow leaning on the arm rest. He only gets to go on our quiet road because there aren’t any seat belts in the car though. He will be attending his first cruise-in in September.
17. Most costly project?