Some of the Lower Mainland’s best builders are converging on Langley next week to be honoured.
The sixth annual Fraser Valley Commercial Building Awards is being held on Thursday, Nov. 17 at Cascades Casino.
A record 40 finalists will be competing for the top honours including Langley’s redesigned Langley City Square, the new Langley City Timms Community Centre, the Coutler Berry Building in Fort Langley, as well as OpenRoad Jaguar Land Rover and OpenRoad Exotic.
This event, sponsored by Re/MAX Commercial and the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board, is designed to celebrate the best in commercial and industrial construction in the area including North Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Abbotsford, Mission, and Chilliwack.
To be eligible to participate, new institutional, commercial, industrial, retail, multi-family, recreational, hospitality or renovation projects must have been completed between Jan. 1, 2015 and Aug. 31, 2016.
A team of expert judges will decide winners in each of 11 categories.
The gala begins with cocktails at 6 p.m., followed by dinner at 7 p.m. and the awards at 8 p.m. Tickets are $125 and available through www.businessexaminer.ca/events.
Finalists from Langley, their builders and architects, are as follows:
• Langley City Square, 19860-19888 Langley Bypass. Architect/designer: Wensley Architecture Ltd.; general contractor: Wesgroup Properties.
• Coulter Berry Building, 9220 Glover Rd., Fort Langley. Architect/designer: Keystone Architecture & Planning Ltd.; XARIS Construction Management.
• Duffy Hills Apartments, 6814 200th St. Architect/designer: Keystone Architecture & Planning Ltd.; general contractor: Forewest Construction.
• Ivy Row, 20978-21042 77A Ave. Architect/designer: Ankenman Associates Architects Inc.; general contractor: Isle of Mann.
• OpenRoad Jaguar Land Rover, 5978 Collection Dr. Architect/designer: Christopher Bozyk Architects; general contractor: Ventana Construction.
• OpenRoad Exotics, 6006 Collection Dr. Architect/designer: Christopher Bozyk Architects; general contractor: Ventana Construction.
• City of Langley Timms Community Centre, 20399 Douglas Cres. Architect/designer: HCMA Architecture & Design; general contractor: DGS Construction Company Ltd.
• Valley Driving School, 27078 56th Ave. Architect/designer: Krahn Group of Companies; general contractor: Glacier West Construction.