Schedule of events
. 5 a.m. - Designated downtown streets closed: - Fraser Highway from 203rd to 206th Street - Glover Road from 56th to Park Avenue - Douglas Crescent from City Hall to 206th Street - 56th Avenue from Key Largo to Cascades Casino
. 6-10 a.m. - Car registration and pre-registration staging, at Kwantlen Polytechnic University
. 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. - Free public parking and $2 shuttle service at Kwantlen Polytechnic University
. 9 a.m. - Sales of T-shirts and souvenirs from the souvenir booth at Fraser Highway and 56th Avenue, until sold out.
. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. - RC car racing, behind City Hall
. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. - Lounge Hounds, Douglas Park Spirit Square bandshell
. 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. - Elvis Elite performs three 45-minute sets at Fraser Highway and 56th Avenue.
. 1 p.m. - Pin Up Contest, Fraser Highway and 204th Street
. 4: 45 p.m. - Draw for the Ultimate Garage, Fraser Highway and 56th Avenue
. 5 p.m. - Awards Ceremony, Fraser Highway and 56th Avenue
. 6 p.m. - Cruise-In closes
. 7 p.m. - Streets reopen to the public
Swap Meet on Sunday, Sept. 9
See page B4 for details.
CAR SHOW ETIQUETTE- ORGANIZERS OF THE CRUISE-IN ASK SPECTATORS TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
1. Look at the cars, take pictures of the cars, but do not ever touch the cars.
2. Buttons, zippers, purses, cameras and umbrellas can scratch the paint, and paint on these cars can cost $10,000-plus.
3. Owners love to talk about their cars, but unless there is a "for sale" sign, do not ask the price of the car.
4. Do not let your children touch the cars.
5. A car show is no place for a dog. It is too hot and crowded, they would rather be at home on the couch.
@ Copyright 2013