Langley RCMP and firefighters are investigating a Sunday morning blaze at Iron Chef Sushi in downtown Fort Langley.
Township firefighters were called in at about 2:45 a.m., said assistant fire chief Bruce Ferguson.
Four crews, from the nearby Fort Langley hall and three others, doused the blaze before it consumed the building, which is just to the south of the Fort Langley Community Hall.
A shed outside the building was destroyed, and the flames tore through the wooden siding and started to get into the structure itself before the fire was extinguished.
The building also suffered a great deal of smoke and water damage, Ferguson said. He said the building seems to have suffered roughly $150,000 to $200,000 in damage, but appears structurally sound.
The fire definitely started outside the building, Ferguson said. Fire investigators have taken samples and are working with Langley Mounties to identify an exact cause, but they believe it was deliberately set.
More than a year ago, the former IGA in Fort Langley burned to the ground. The fire was sparked by an attempt to break in.
@ Copyright 2013