Listings are free but at the discretion of the editor. To be considered for publication in the Langley Advance, items must be submitted at least 10 days prior to the publication date. Christmas fun appears in print editions through the holidays and at www.langleyadvance.com. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the website.
- Christmas Wonderland: Port Kells Nursery is accepting donations of non-perishables for the food bank every day 9am to 5pm. Santa is there 11am to 2pm on Dec. 15 and 22. Facepainting available then as well. Santa will be accepting cash donations for the Gateway of Hope. At 18730 88th Ave. Bring a camera. Info: 604-882-1344.
- Crazy Christmas: The event is at Laughing Stock Ranch, 24556 32nd Ave. on Dec. 16, from 10am to 4pm Santa will be there to meet the kids (photos available). There is also pony rides, a petting zoo, bouncy castle, colouring contest, hay room filled with candy canes and prizes, a silent auction, concession, and more. Cost: $15 per child (adults admitted free). Bring two non-perishable food items or an item for Basics for Babies( diapers, canned food, etc.) and the cost is $10 per child. Info: http://www.laughingstockranch.ca.
- Pancake Breakfast with Santa: The cost is by donation to breast cancer research on Dec. 16, 11am to 2pm. No reservations are required. At Krause Berry Farms, 6179 248th St. For more information, contact 604-856-5757 ext. 203 or www.krauseberryfarms.com.
- Preschooler Skate with Santa: Santa Claus is at the George Preston Recreation Centre on Dec. 21 from 11:30am to 12:30pm. Enjoy skating, a sleigh ride, crafts and hot chocolate.
- Family Skate with Santa: Bring the family ice skating with Santa Claus at the George Preston Recreation Centre on Dec. 22, 3-4:30pm. Includes hot chocolate.
- Christmas Eve Skate: On Dec. 24, from noon to 1:10pm, take the family skating at the George Preston Recreation Centre. $2. There is also snowman building, ice painting and more.
- Tree chipping: The Langley Gymnastics Foundation Tree Chipping is Jan. 5 and 6 at James Kennedy Elementary, Alice Brown Elementary and Langley Events Centre 9am to 5pm. By donation.