Horse Council BC looking for donations to help get farm animals to safety

The Langley-based Horse Council BC has a fund for disaster assistance.

The Horse Council BC is accepting donations for the Animal Disaster Relief Fund.

It can be done through the horse council website.

People do not have to be a council member to donate, but do have to create a profile on the site. This is to keep your transactions safe and secure.

The fund is used to provide cash, food, supplies, and various items to the emergency evacuation centres around B.C. that are housing displaced horses, livestock, and pets due to the wildfire emergency.

Funds collected will be used to provide resources like hay, supplies, gas to the emergency evacuation centres and groups assisting with the wildfire relief effort.

Should any donated funds remain following the immediate wildfire emergency, the remaining funds will be spent according to the HCBC Animal Disaster Relief guidelines set out in the HCBC Finance Policy. If there are excess funds, they will be used on education on emergency planning, training emergency coordinators and emergency responders, communications and other linkages that support future emergency response efforts.

People who prefer to donate via cheque can make it out to:

HCBC Animal Disaster

and mail it to:

Horse Council BC

27336 Fraser Highway

Aldergrove, BC

V4W 3N5